Friday, July 2, 2010

Why a blog?

What to say... We are leaving the Air Force.

Why? Well, lots of reasons, but the biggest one is 'our children'. Keith and I have been married for 10 yrs and as we talked about future for the next 10 yrs., the one thing that kept coming to the forefront was a solid, safe place to raise our children, and time with them. With Kira about to enter 4th grade we felt now was the right time.

Where? We are going to Yakima, WA to be the next generation to take up orcharding (growing apples, pears, and cherries). Going into the family business. Well, I will be teaching, but offering my input (gently and kindly :)

When? We don't know exactly when we will leave, but we are heading out. Keith has been having some health issues and so we need to have that squared away before he can separate. Due to my job requirements it will be either January or May...and at this point it is a coin toss.

So What Now? Great question. This blog really is for me to stay in touch and inform those who want to know and are interested. Facebook is great, but this way if you just want the 'big' stuff, you don't have to follow us here. My feelings will not be hurt if you're not up to following us here, but if you have questions your answers will probably be answered here. I will also leave pics of our progress on the house (gotta sell it).

OK, and pictures of the kids and all the other craziness our lives take on. Kira may even blog here too, as she really wants to be a reporter.

2 comments:

  1. We will happily welcome all FIVE of you home with open arms! Shelly & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there's nothing wrong with being a Gentlemen Farmer. I was hoping that ya'll would find your way back to Texas, but you must do what is best for your family. In my heart, I believe that ya'll have made a good choice. I look forward to visiting ya'll in Washington again. I enjoyed it the last time I was there, with the exception of the timing (9-11), and look forward to visiting it again, hopefully next year sometime, might as well do it sometime in September 2011.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete